Here are 7 random things:
1. What's with the moniker? KJ is a long time nickname from highschool. My blog is ad-free and I need to keep my blog separate from my day job as a litigator. So that's why I post under this name.
2. Weakness #1: A Tim Horton's Apple Fritter. If I am State side, a Bob Evans Cinnamon Bun.
3. Weakness #2: Young and the Restless. There I said it.
4. While I have a licence, I haven't driven in a decade. I am a fan of public transportation - so, was my grandfather. I took a bus to his funeral. My kids are used to taking buses and streetcars - but Miss Lily says when she grows up she will be a "driving mummy", just like Sid's mum on Sid the Science Kid.
5. I learned to sew on an old Singer in grade 7. My dad bought me a Kenmore in grade 8 and I have been using the same machine since.
6. First blog crush? Probably the Little Green Notebook. Second: Ikatbag. Her post about the Princess Pavillion is one of my favourite blog posts and I still think about it. Can you imagine waking up from a nap and finding a pavillion?
7. I like to enter contests. As newlyweds in university, my husband and I entered a curry recipe in a Kraft Dinner contest. We called the dish New Delhi Dinner. We won a pallet of white macaroni and cheese from Kraft (about 60 boxes or so).
The rules require me to pass on these awards to seven other bloggers.
I read alot of blogs and I try to be very careful to give credit and point out to you bloggers and particular posts that I find inspiring. As this is the only place where I can bend the rules, I am going to pass this on to two bloggers who I just discovered this weekend. Maybe I just disqualified myself from the award, oh well.
These posts reminded me of the magic and simplicity of a backyard birthday party.
Project Project posted about a sweet robot birthday party for her little girl and Restless Risa posted about a Cowboy Birthday Party for her little guy.
I loved both of these posts. I think you will find them inspiring too.
Have a great day,